Home Care For Adults | New York


CDPAP Rockland County

The Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) offers a valuable option for elderly or disabled individuals who are on Medicaid and need help with daily living activities. This program allows patients to hire a family member or friend as their caregiver. Under CDPAP, these caregivers receive payment through Medicaid, facilitating a system where care recipients can stay in the comfort and familiarity of their homes. Studies have consistently shown that seniors living at home tend to be healthier, happier, suffer fewer falls, and have lower hospitalization rates compared to those in care facilities.

Comfort and Independence

Your Care - Our Passion

The goal of CDPAP is to bestow recipients with decision-making power, letting them decide the nature, provider, and delivery mode of their care.

CDPAP Program Provider in Rockland County, NY

Overview of CDPAP

As a home care services agency, Home Care For Adults supports and works within the framework of CDPAP in Rockland County to help clients navigate and benefit from this program. We provide guidance on eligibility, help with the application process, and offer support in selecting a caregiver who is the best fit for the client’s unique needs. 

By choosing Home Care For Adults, clients are not just receiving care services; they are gaining a partner dedicated to enhancing their quality of life and maintaining their independence at home.

Determining Your Eligibility for CDPAP

To ascertain if you are eligible for the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP), consider the following criteria:

  • You must reside in New York and be enrolled in Medicaid.
  • Evidence is needed to show that you currently require, or are likely to require, assistance with daily activities. This encompasses tasks such as mobility, personal care, and medication management.
  • You should be eligible to receive home care services.
  • Ability to Self-Direct: You need to have the capacity to self-direct, as CDPAP involves several regulations.

Does it Matter Where I Live in New York?

No, it does not! All counties in New York, including Rockland County,  accept the CDPAP.

cdpapp 1

Is it Necessary for my Caregiver to Reside in NY?

Yes, it is. Your caregiver must be a legal resident of New York. This includes immigrants and non-citizens, but they must provide proof of their legal residency to qualify as your personal care assistant.

What Kinds of Services can My Caregiver Offer?

The CDPAP offers the advantage of allowing your personal assistant to perform tasks beyond the scope of a conventional home aide. Whereas traditional home aides often face restrictions in administering certain medications or executing specific household tasks, personal assistants under this program can undertake duties similar to nurses. 

This includes administering oxygen or assisting with insulin injections. They can also assume typical home attendant roles, depending on your specific needs and the areas where you require assistance.

Am I Responsible for Paying the Caregiver?

No, you are not. Under the CDPAP, Medicaid covers the payment for your caregiver. As a recipient of these services, you will not incur any personal expenses.

How Can I Apply for CDPAP in Rockland County?

To start your application, reach out to Home Care For Adults at 929-205-5558. We will assist you in determining if you meet the eligibility criteria. We look forward to hearing from you, and are happy to answer any further questions you might have!

Request a FREE CDPAP consult.

Home Care For Adults Home Care Advisory Group provides free assistance with Home Care and Medicaid for Home Care in the following New York City (NYC) boroughs:

Skip to content