Mobility assistance services giving you the chance to move at your own pace.
We understand that aging or disabled individuals are already limited to the things they want to do, especially when it comes to their mobility assistance. That is why we are offering mobility assistance to ensure that they will have a convenient way of accomplishing their day-to-day activities. Our caregivers will help every client we serve to maintain an active lifestyle despite their age, abilities, or overall health condition.
Our home care aides will:
- Walk with your loved ones in their home, at the store, and outside during nice weather
- Guide your loved ones if they need a walker or walk by their side gently holding your loved one’s arm or hand
- Help your loved ones get up and sit down on their favorite chair or to safely get out of bed in the morning or after a nap
Stairs can pose a dangerous risk if they aren’t carefully evaluated. Falls are the most common cause of injury and death in individuals over age 65.
Tips to minimize risk on stairs:
There are several factors that can contribute to a fall on a stairway including steep stairs, lack of railing and stairs in poor condition.
• Add railings to both sides of stairways
• Make sure railings are secure and in good condition
• Ensure stairway is well lit with light switches at the top and bottom
Tips to minimize risk with flooring:
Slippery floors or worn out rugs can cause an older individual to slip and fall or prevent them
from moving around in a walker or wheelchair. Keep floors in good repair to prevent injury
and allow them to maintain their mobility.
• Keep floors clean and dry
• Use non skid mats on the bathroom floor
• Update carpets if needed; low pile carpet is best
• Use rugs sparingly and properly secure them to the floor